A bit late this month with my blog posts and project goals. I found that after I had published the Talkative Tea Game, I took a bit of a break from all work and with the holidays coming around, with the house being full of people I have been finding it harder and harder to get my work done.
I don't expect to get as much done as I normally do this month but before listing my new goals, let's reflect on last months:
- Finish Talkative Tea Maker: I managed to finish and publish a game! A huge achievement for me. This was not only a monthly goal but also I goal I had set myself from the start of the year. I am also quite proud of how I shared it on social media for people to see, I could and was quite tempted to keep it to myself, publish the game but not notify anyone besides a select few.
- Work on body construction and poses: This was a complete failure, I didn't even attempt to draw this month. I found that I had so much on my plate that I left sketching on the side-lines. I drew a small amount as seen in the previous post but again not nearly as much I would like to.
- Finish Part 2 of Curse of Monkey Island Puzzle and Hint Analysis that I started writing. Draft version: This project is much larger than I anticipated. I have been slowly working through it but to say I would get Part 2 of the game done was much too large a goal considering it took a month to get Part 1 done and that only had about 3 rooms to explore and interact. I, at the moment, am still in the initial exploration of the island that occurs right at the beginning of Part 2.
- 4 blog posts: I was able to complete this goal with ease due to the MIGW recaps and the CMI Puzzle Analysis post I had written. I had a lot of content last month and only hope I will be able to achieve again this month.
This months goals:
- Start and finish a new game: This is the major goal of this month starting and completing a game. Being half way through the month I am a bit worried that I have bitten off far more than I can chew. None the less, I plan on trying my best to get this project done. It also doesn't help that I decided to explore a whole new genre I know nothing about, but hey, it's a challenge.
- Work on body construction and poses: Continue to work on improving my poses and proportions. With every day of practice I will slowly get better.
- Continue working on Part 2 of Curse of Monkey Island Puzzle and Hint Analysis. Draft version: Not so much pressure this time as long as I work on it a little bit. I want to write enough that I can put up another blog post about it within this month.
- 4 blog posts: Again another 4 blog posts, technically I already have two done so let's see if we can get another two done in two weeks.
Don't know how well I'll be able to keep to those goals. As I said before, December for me is quite busy and with everyone in the house providing distraction, who knows how much work I'll be able to do.